Cordell D, Turner, A & Chong, J (2015), The hidden cost of phosphate fertilizers: ¶ mapping multi-stakeholder supply chain risks and impacts from mine to fork, Global Change, Peace and Security, Special Issue. http://www.tandfonline.com/action/showAxaArticles?journalCode=cpar20
Cordell, D. & White, S (2015), Tracking phosphorus security: indicators of phosphorus vulnerability in the global food system, Food Security, Springer, February 2015, Vol 7, Issue 2, p.337-350, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12571-015-0442-0
Cordell, D. & White, S (2014), Life’s bottleneck: sustaining the world’s phosphorus for a food secure future, Annual Review of Environment and Resources, Vol. 39:161-188, http://www.annualreviews.org/doi/abs/10.1146/annurev-environ-010213-113300
Cordell, D. & White, S. Phosphorus security: global non-governance of a critical resource for food security, Edward Elgar Encyclopedia of Global Environmental Politics and Governance, (Eds) Pattberg, P & Fariborz Zelli, F. In press.
Cordell, D. & Neset, T-S, (2014) Phosphorus vulnerability: A qualitative framework for assessing the vulnerability of national and regional food systems to the multi-dimensional stressors of phosphorus scarcity, Global Environmental Change, 24 (2014) 108–122, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2013.11.005.
Mitchell, C., Cordell, D. & Fam, D. (2015), Beginning at the end: A transdisciplinary perspective of desired outcomes in sustainability research, FUTURES, Special Issue on Transdisicplinarity. Futures v65 ,86–96, http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0016328714001682
Metson, G., Smith, V., Cordell, D., Vaccari, D., Elser, J. & Bennett, E. (2015) Phosphorus is a key component of the resource demands for meat, eggs, and dairy production in the United States, PNAS, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 111, no. 46, pp. E4906-E4907.
Metson, G., Iwaniec D., Baker, L., Bennett, E., Childers, D., Cordell, D., Grimm, N., Grove, M., Nidzgorski, D. & White S. (2015) Urban phosphorus sustainability: Systemically incorporating social, ecological, and technological factors into phosphorus flow analysis, Environmental Science & Policy. Vol.47, p.1–11. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S146290111400197X#
Cordell, D. & White, S. (2013) Sustainable Phosphorus Measures: Strategies and Technologies for Achieving Phosphorus Security. Agronomy, 2013, 3(1), p.86-116. http://www.mdpi.com/2073-4395/3/1/86
Cordell, D. (2013), Global phosphorus scarcity and the role of sanitation systems in achieving food security, p,29-44, ch.3 in ‘Source Separation and Decentralization for Wastewater Management’. Eds T A Larsen, K M.Udert, & J Lienert, IWA Publishing, London.
Cordell, D., Jackson, M. White, S. (2013), Phosphorus flows through the Australian food system: Identifying intervention points as a roadmap to phosphorus security, Environmental Science & Policy, 2(9) 87–102.
Neset, T.S., Cordell, D., Andersson, L. (2013), The flow of phosphorus in food production and consumption system, in ‘Improving Water- and Nutrient-Use Efficiency in Food Production Systems’, Ed Rengel, Z. p.79-92, John Wiley & Sons, New York.
Childers, D., Caple, Z., Carlielle-Marquet, C., Cordell,D., Gerhart, V., Iwaniec, D. & White, S. (2013) Future Scenarios for the Sustainable Use of Global Phosphorus Resources’, pp.16, Ch9 in ‘Phosphorus, Food & Our Future’, 2012, Oxford University Press.
Cordell D, Neset T-S, Prior T., (2012) The phosphorus mass balance: identifying ‘hotspots’ in the food system as a roadmap to phosphorus security, Current Opinion in Biotech, 23(6), December 2012, p.839–845.
May, D., Prior, T., Cordell, D. & Giurco, D. (2012), Peak minerals: theoretical foundations and practical application, Natural Resources Research, 21(1), p.43-60.
Neset, TS & Cordell, D., (2012), Global phosphorus scarcity – identifying synergies for a sustainable future, Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 92 (1), pp. 2-6,
Cordell, D., Rosemarin, A., Schröder, J.J. & Smit, A.L. (2011) Towards global phosphorus security: A systemic framework for phosphorus recovery and reuse options. Chemosphere, Vol 84, Issue 6, p.747-758.
Cordell, D., Drangert, J-O. and White, S. (2009), The story of phosphorus: Global food security and food for thought. Global Environmental Change, 19(2) p.292-305. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S095937800800099X
Cordell, D. & White, S. (2011) Peak Phosphorus: clarifying the key issues of a vigorous debate about long-term phosphorus security. Sustainability, 3 (2011), ISSN 2071-1050.
Cordell, D. (2010) The Story of Phosphorus: Sustainability implications of global phosphorus scarcity for food security. Doctoral thesis, Linköping University Press, pp.220. No. 509. ISBN 978917393-440-4, Linköping.
Cordell, D. & White, S. (2010), Securing a Sustainable Phosphorus Future for Australia, Farm Policy Journal. Vol 7 issue 3, August 2010, ISSN: 1449-2210.
Cordell, D., Neset, T. S. S., Drangert, J.-O. & White, S. (2009), Preferred future phosphorus scenarios: A framework for meeting long-term phosphorus needs for global food demand, In: Nutrient Recovery from Wastewater Streams Vancouver, 2009. (Eds) Mavinic, D., Ashley, K., Koch, F. IWA Publishing, London.
Cordell, D., White, S. & Lindstrom, T. 2011, Peak phosphorus: the crunch time for humanity?, The Sustainability Review, 2(2), pp. 1-1. http://www.thesustainabilityreview.org/2011/04/04/peak-phosphorus-the-crunch-time-for-humanity/
Cordell, D. (2008) Phosphorus, food and ‘messy’ problems: A systemic inquiry into the management of a critical global resource’ ANZSYS Australia New Zealand Systems Society, Edith Cowan University, December 2008 in ANZSYS 2008, ed David Cook, SECAU – Security Research Centre, Edith Cowan University, Perth, pp. 1-15.
Cordell, D. & Rosemarin, A. (2011), Det behovs en global fosforkonvention’ (The need for a global convention on phosphorus), ‘ in Johansson, R.B. (eds) ‘Atervinna fosfor – hur brottom ar det?’ (Recycling Phosphorus – how urgent is it?), Forskningsrodet Formas, Sweden, pp. 55-74.
Ashley, K., Cordell, D. & Mavinic, D. (2011), A Brief History of Phosphorus: From the Philosophers Stone to Nutrient Recovery and Re-use, Chemosphere, Vol 84, Issue 6, p.737-746.
Cordell, D., White, S. and Lindström, T. (2011) Peak phosphorus: the crunch time for humanity?, The Sustainability Review journal, Issue 2, Research Vol 2, Apr 4th 2011.
Cordell, D. & White, S. (2010), Securing a Sustainable Phosphorus Future for Australia, Farm Policy Journal, Vol. 7 No.3, August, 2010, p.1-17.
Cordell, D. (2010). The Story of Phosphorus: Sustainability implications of global phosphorus scarcity for food security, PhD thesis. Collaborative PhD between the Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology, Sydney (UTS) and Department of Thematic Studies – Water and Environmental Studies, Linköping University, Sweden. Linköping Studies in Arts & Sciences No.509, Linköping University Press, ISBN 978-91-7393-440-4, Linköping, [Download thesis]
Cordell, D., Drangert, J.-O., and White, S., (2009) The Story of Phosphorus: Global food security and food for thought.Global Environmental Change, 2009. 19(2009): p. 292-305
[Download paper from Elsevier]
Cordell, D., White, S., Drangert, J.-O., and Neset, T.S.S., (2009) Preferred future phosphorus scenarios: A framework for meeting long-term phosphorus needs for global food demand. 2009, International Conference on Nutrient Recovery from Wastewater Streams, Vancouver, 10-13th May, 2009. Edited by Don Mavinic, Ken Ashley and Fred Koch. ISBN: 9781843392323. Published by IWA Publishing, London, UK.
Cordell, D. (2006), Urine Diversion and Reuse in Australia: A homeless paradigm or sustainable solution for the future?, Masters Thesis, Department of Water and Environmental Studies, Linköping University, Linköping University Press, Sweden. [Download PDF]
Drangert, J-O (1998), Urine Blindness and the Use of Nutrients from Human Excreta in Urban Agriculture. GeoJournal45: 201-208, 1998. Kluwer Academic Publishers. London.
Drangert, J-O. (1998) Fighting the urine blindness to provide more sanitation options. Water SA Vol 24, No 2.
Fane, S.A., Ashbolt, N.J. & White, S. (2001), Decentralised urban water reuse; the implications of system scale for cost and pathogen risk, Water Science and Technology, vol. 46, no. 6-7, pp. 281 -288
Hallström J and Neset T-S S (2006), The Pipe-Bound City in Time and Space. In: A History of Water v. 2, The Political Economy of Water. R.Coopey and T Tvedt (eds.), IB Tauris, London & NY
Mara, D., Drangert, J-O, et al. (2007), Selection of sustainable sanitation arrangements. Journal of Water Policy 9 (2007) 305-318.
Mitchell, C.A. & White, S. (2003), Forecasting and backcasting for sustainable urban water futures, Water, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 25 -28. Download paper
Neset, T-S S, Bader H-P, Scheidegger R, Lohm U (2008), The Flow of Phosphorus in Food Production and -Consumption 1870-2000. Science of the Total Environment. Vol. 396:1-2. p.111-120
Neset, T-S S, Bader H-P, Scheidegger R (2006), Food Consumption and Nutrient Flows – Nitrogen in Sweden since the 1870s. Journal of Industrial Ecology, Fall 2006, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p.61-75
Neset, T-S S (2005), Environmental Imprint of Human Food Consumption, Linköping 1870-2000. Doctoral thesis, Linköping Studies in Arts and Science No.333, Linköping 2005 http://www.diva-portal.org/liu/theses/abstract.xsql?dbid=3592
Neset, T-S S and Lohm U (2005), Spatial Imprint of Food Consumption: A Historical Analysis for Sweden, 1870-2000.Human Ecology, Vol.33,(4) 2005: 565-580 http://www.springerlink.com/content/hk1747454694x7x3/
Neset, T-S S (2004). Reconstructing Swedish Food Consumption from Hospital Diets after 1870. Ecology of Food and Nutrition, Vol.43 (3) 2004: 149-179 http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/content~db=all?content=10.1080/03670240490446786
Cordell, D. Global phosphorus scarcity and the role of sanitation systems in achieving food security, ch.2.2 in Wastewater Management: Source Separation and Decentralization. Eds. T. Larsen, K. Udert, & J Lienert, IWA Publishing (2010).
Schröder, J.J., Smit, A.L., Cordell, D. & Rosemarin, A. (2011), Improved phosphorus use efficiency in agriculture: a key requirement for its sustainable use. Chemosphere, Special Issue on Phosphorus. 2011.
Mitchell, C, Fam, D, and Cordell, D. Effectively managing the transition towards restorative futures in the sewage industry: a phosphorus case study. In ‘Institutional Issues and Innovations’ (ed) V Nelson, S Moddemeyer, J Stonebridge, IWA Publishing.
Bekunda, M., Cordell, D., Corman, J., Rosemarin, R., Salcedo, I., Syers, K., Lougheed, T. (2011) Phosphorus & Food Production, UNEP Yearbook: Emerging issues in our global environment, 2011.
Cordell, D., Mikhailovich, N., Mohr, S., Jacobs, B. & White, S. (2014), Adapting to future phosphorus scarcity: investigating potential sustainable phosphorus measures and strategies, Phase II of the Australian Sustainable Phosphorus Futures project, prepared by Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology Sydney, for the Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation, Australian Government, Canberra.
Cordell, D., Jackson, M., Boronyak, L., Cooper, C., Mohr, S., Moore, D. & White, S (2014), Analysis of phosphorus flows through the Australian food production and consumption system, Phase I of the Australian Sustainable Phosphorus Futures, Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology Sydney, prepared for Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation, Australian Government, Canberra, pp.57.
White, S. & Cordell, D. From phosphorus scarcity to security: towards a soft landing, Australian R&D Review, p10-11, Feb-Mar 2011, ISSN 1320-8977
Schröder, J.J., Cordell, D., Smit, A.L & Rosemarin, A. (2010) Sustainable Use of Phosphorus, prepared for European Union tender project ENV.B.1/ETU/2009/0025. Report 357, Plant Research International, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Wageningen, 122 pp.
White, S., Cordell, D. & Moore, D. (2010), Securing a sustainable phosphorus future for Australia: implications of global phosphorus scarcity and possible solutions, Review prepared by the Institute for Sustainable Futures, for CSIRO Sustainable Agriculture Flagship.
Neset, TS & Cordell, D. (eds) (2010), Phosphorus and Global Food Security: A synthesis, International workshop proceedings, Global Phosphorus Research Initiative, Linköping University.
Mitchell, C., Fam, D., and Cordell, D. (2010), Effectively managing the transition towards restorative futures in the sewage industry: a phosphorus case study, p.84-97 In ‘Water Sustainability and International Innovation’ (ed) V Nelson, S Moddemeyer, J Stonebridge.
Drangert, J-O & Cordell, D. (2010), Phosphorus: Food Security & Food for Thought, in (ed) Drangert, J-O. Sustainable Sanitation for the 21st Century, 2010, Learning material for training of professionals in the sanitation and water sector. Stockholm Environment Institute and Vatema AB, Stockholm.
Cordell, D (2009) A new global challenge for food security: Peak Phosphorus. The Organic Way Magazine, Food Security Feature, Issue 2, p10-12.
Cordell, D and White, S (2009) The Story of Phosphorus: Sustainability implications of global fertilizer scarcity for Australia – Synthesis paper, National Workshop on the Future of Phosphorus, Sydney, 14 Nov 2008, Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology, Sydney.
Cordell, D. and White, S. (2008), The Story of Phosphorus: Sustainability implications of global fertilizer scarcity for Australia. Discussion paper prepared for the National Workshop on the Future of Phosphorus, Sydney, 14th November 2008, Institute for Sustainable Futures, University of Technology, Sydney. [Download PDF]
Cordell, D. (2008), The Story of Phosphorus: missing global governance of a critical resource, Preliminary findings from 2 years of doctoral research. Paper prepared for SENSE Earth System Governance, VU University Amsterdam, 24th-31st August, 2008 [Download PDF]
Drangert, J-O. (2004), Norms and Attitudes Towards Ecosan and Other Sanitation Systems. Report 2004-5.EcoSanRes Publications Series. Stockholm Environment Institute. 30 p.
Drangert, J-O. (2001), Urban Water and Nutrient Cycles – Making a full turn? Nordic Research Workshop. Management of Water, Wastewater, and Solid Waste Services in Comparative Historical and Futures Perspective. Tampere Technical University, Tampere, June 10-12, 2001
Drangert, J-O. (2000), Reuse – the ultimate sink? Urine-diverting toilets to protect groundwater quality and to fertilize urban agriculture. In Chorus, I. et al. (eds.): Water, Sanitation and Health: Resolving Conflicts between drinking water demands and pressures from society´s wastes. World Health Organisation Series. IWA Publishing. pp. 275-280.
Elser, J. and White, S., (2010), Peak Phosphorus, in Foreign Policy, 20th April, 2010. [read here]
Krantz, H. and J-O. Drangert. (2006), Household Perspectives in managing sustainable cities. In Malmqvist, P-A., Heincke, G., Kärrman, E., Stenstrom, T. A., and Svensson, G. (eds.) (2006) Strategic Planning of Sustainable Urban Water Management. IWA Publishing. London.
Neset, T-S S. and Andersson, A. (2008), Environmental impact of food production and consumption – from phosphorus leakage and resource depletion to recycling, in Water for Food, p.99-108, Editor: Jonas Förare, The Swedish Research Council Formas [Download PDF]
Schmid, T. (2003). The Dynamic Changes of Phosphorus Flow in a Swedish City, 1870-2000. Industrial Ecology for a Sustainable Future, Proceedings of the International Society for Industrial Ecology Meeting in 2003, Michigan, An Arbor, USA.
Neset, T-S S and Cordell, D. (eds.). Proceedings of the international workshop on Phosphorus and Global Food Security, Linköping University, 2010 (forthcoming spring 2010).
Cordell, D & White, S (2009) Pathways to phosphorus security: the long-term perspective, Australian Fertilizer Outlook conference, 9 Sept 2009, Sydney (invited speakers).
Cordell, D (2009) The story of phosphorus: Sustainability implications of phosphate scarcity on global food security, Avlopp & Kretslopp Conference 2009, Linköpings Konsert och Kongress, 2–3 mars 2009, Linköping (invited speaker).
Cordell, D. (2008), Phosphorus, food and ‘messy’ problems: A systemic inquiring into the management of a critical global resource, paper prepared for the Australia New Zealand Systems Conference (ANZSYS), December 1st-3rd 2008, Perth. [Download PDF]
Cordell (2008), The Story of Phosphorus, poster presented at Food Security and Environmental Change Linking Science, Development and Policy for Adaptation, Session 18: Institutional and policy challenges for agro-ecosystem management in relation to food security. 2 – 4 April 2008, University of Oxford, UK.http://www.gecafs.org/FoodConferencePresentations.htm
Cordell, D. (2007), More Nutrition per Dropping: From Global Food Security to National ‘Phosphorus Sovereignty‘, poster presented at workshop ‘International Targets and National Implementation’, World Water Week 2007, August 2007, Stockholm. http://www.worldwaterweek.org/stockholmwatersymposium/bestposteraward_07.asp
Drangert, J-O. (2003), Requirements on sanitation systems – the flush toilet sets the standard for ecosan options. IWA special issue from the 2nd International Symposium on ecological sanitation – closing the loop. April 7 – 11, 2003. Luebeck, Germany . pp. 117-124.
Drangert, J-O. (1999), Sustainable Sanitation: Reuse of old ideas? Proceedings from Stockholm Water Symposium. August 10, 1999. Stockholm.
Neset T-S S and Lohm U (2005). Historical metabolism of food consumption and production- Sweden, 1870-2000. Conference Proceedings, 3rd ESEH conference, Florence, February 2005
Neset, T-S S and Drangert J-O (2004). Recycling of Phosphorus in Sweden. A historical overview. In: Stockholm Water Symposium, Proceedings, Aug 2004, Stockholm, Sweden.
Neset, T-S S and Lohm U (2003). The Spatial Imprint of Changing Consumption Patterns during 130 years. Conference proceedings, 2nd ESEH conference, Prague, September 2003
Blueprint for Global Phosphorus Security
GPRI Statement on Global Phosphorus Scarcity (in response to IFDC ‘World Phosphate Reserves & Resoures‘ report [Download statement]
GPRI submission to the EU Public consultation on the Raw Materials Initiative [Download submission]
GPRI Declaration on Global Phosphorus Security [Download Declaration]
- Stewart, W., L.Hammond, and S.J.V. Kauwenbergh, (2005), Phosphorus as a Natural Resource,in Phosphorus: Agriculture and the Environment, Agronomy MonographNo.46. American Society of Agronomy, Crop Science Society of America, SoilScience Society of America: Madison. p. 3-21.
- Pfeiffer, D.A.,(2006), Eating Fossil Fuels: Oil, Food and the Coming Crisis in Agriculture, Canada: NewSociety Publishers.
- SIWI-IMWI (2004), Water– More Nutrition Per Drop, Towards Sustainable FoodProduction and Consumption Patterns in a Rapidly Changing World. StockholmInternational Water Institute, Stockholm.
- Rosmarin, A.,(2004), The Precarious Geopolitics of Phosphorous Down to Earth(Science and Environment Fortnightly), (June 30, 2004): p. 27-31.
- Jasinski, S.M.,(2006), Phosphate Rock, Statistics and Information. US GeologicalSurvey.
- Corell, H. (2002), Letter dated 29 January 2002 from the Under-Secretary-General forLegal Affairs, the Legal Counsel, addressed to the President of the SecurityCouncil. United National Security Council, Under-Secretary-General for Legal Affairs TheLegal Counsel.
- The Norwegian Support Committee for Western Sahara. (online), frontpage news. [cited; Available from: vest-sahara.no.
- Cordell, D., Drangert, J-O. and White, S (in press), The Story of Phosphorus: Global food security and food for thought, Global Environmental Change Journal, in press.
- Fresco, L.,(2003), Plant nutrients: What we know, guess and do not know. AssistantDirector-General, Agriculture Department Food and Agriculture Organization ofthe United Nations (FAO) IFA/FAO AGRICULTURE CONFERENCE, Rome.
- EuropeanFertilizer Manufacturers Association, (2000), Phosphorus: Essential Elementfor Food Production. European Fertilizer Manufacturers Association(EFMA), Brussels.
- Cordell (2006) UrineDiversion and Reuse in Australia: A homeless paradigm or sustainable solutionfor the future?, Masters Thesis, Department of Water and EnvironmentalStudies, Linköping University, Sweden. Available from: http://www.ep.liu.se/undergraduate/abstract.xsql?dbid=8310
- Earth PolicyInstitute. (2005), Oil and Food: A Rising Security Challenge. [cited 2006 2nd November]; Availablefrom:http://www.earth-policy.org/Updates/2005/Update48.htm.
- International Fertilizer Industry Association. (2006),Sustainable Development and the Fertilizer Industry [cited2006 25th June]; Available from: http://www.fertilizer.org/ifa/sustainability/sustainability.asp
- Driver, J., (1998), Phosphatesrecovery for recycling from sewage and animal waste.Phosphorus and Potassium,216: p. 17-21.
- Steen, I.,(1998), Phosphorus availability in the 21st Century: Mananagement of anon-renewable resource.Phosphorus and Potassium, 217: p. 25-31.
- Wissa, A.E.Z.,(2003), Phosphogypsum Disposal and The Environment Ardaman & Associates, Inc., Florida, available:http://www.fipr.state.fl.us/pondwatercd/phosphogypsum_disposal.htm
- IFA (2007), InternationalFertilizer Supply and Demand, International Fertilizer Industry Association,presented at Australian Fertilizer Industry Conference, August 2007.
- Committee OnWater Implications Of Biofuels Production In The United States (2008), WaterImplications of Biofuels Production in the United States, Water ScienceAnd Technology Board, DivisionOn Earth And Life Studies, National Research Council Of The NationalAcademies, The National AcademiesPress, [Online] available:http://national-academies.org/morenews/20071010.html
- WHO, (2006),Guidelines for the safe use of wastewater, excreta and greywater, Volume 4:Excreta and greywater use in agriculture. World Health Organisation.. Availablefrom:http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/wastewater/gsuww/en/index.html
- Esrey, S., etal., (2001), Closing the Loop: Ecological sanitation for food security. UNDP &SIDA, Mexico.
- Drangert, J-O.(1998), Fighting the Urine Blindness to provide more sanitation options, Institute ofWater and Environmental Studies, Linköping University, Linköping
- FAO, (2002), Feedingthe cities. Focus on the Issues, World Food Summit – five years later 10-13June 2002,Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Rome.
- Jönsson, H (2001), Urine separation – Swedish experiences, SLU, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, EcoEng Newsletter 1, October 2001
- Gumbo, B. andH.H.G. Savenije, (2001), Inventory of phosphorus fluxes and storage in anurban-shed: options for local nutrient recycling. Internet Dialogue onEcological Sanitation (15 Nov.-20 Dec. 2001), Delft.
- Smil, V.,(2000), Phosphorus in the Environment: Natural Flows and Human InterferencesAnnualReview of Energy and the Environment, 25: p. 53-88.
- Vinnerås, B.and Jönsson, H. (2002), The performance andpotential of faecal separation and urine diversion to recycle plant nutrientsin household wastewater, Department ofAgricultural Engineering, Swedish University of Agricultural Science, BioresourceTechnology, 84(3),276-282.
- Mokwunye, U. (2004), West Africa5, Director, The United Nations University, Institute for Natural, Resourcesin Africa, Ghana in Assuring Food and Nutrition Security in Africaby 2020Proceedings of an All-Africa Conference April 1-3,2004 Kampala, Uganda. [Online] available: http://www.ifpri.org/pubs/books/vi24.htm[accessed 25/5/05
- SEI (2005), SustainablePathways to Attain the Millennium Development Goals – Assessing the Role ofWater, Energy and Sanitation, For the UN World Summit September2005 Stockholm Environment Institute (September 2005)
- EcoSanRes(2008), ESR News: Toilet Users Get Paid Money, Society for Community Organization and Peoples Education (SCOPE). See scopetrichy.org/
- Institute For Agriculture And Trade Policy (2004), Ten Ways to Fix Agricultural Trade, Geneva, September, 2004.
- ASPO (webpage), The Association for the Study of Peak Oil and Gas, www.peakoil.net